Celestial Conversation
God sits on His throne above a little cloud, contemplating his creation. Saint Peter stands beside Him as they begin a friendly, casual conversation.
"Look at them, Peter. I created a nice place with water, food, amazing animals, and beautiful variable weather so they can live in perfect harmony, and what do they do? They keep building walls and borders. They fight all the time and keep making wars. They ruin and destroy everything. They keep separating themselves into groups and colors; blacks, whites, reds, yellows, and browns. Haven't they noticed the rainbow? They have many different religions and gods, most of which are their own inventions. I need help keeping track. Don't they know I'm the only God? I thought I'd never say this, but I think I made a mistake. I don't know what went wrong, Peter."
"I told you not to put Americans in there," Peter replied.
"Yeah, I remember that, but they're okay, well, except for Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Nevada, and . . . Anyway, I think we should go to another galaxy and create another planet. Maybe this time we could see better results."
"That's a good idea," Peter said.
"Only a few of them are decent human beings. Only a few of them are worth saving for our second attempt. We can pick all the Nobel Peace Prize winners, like Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, the Dalai Lama, and Gandhi. Maybe Lennon, Bono, Dylan, and a few great artists from all different eras, but not politicians. Oh well, I have a short list somewhere. Never mind, I'm going to let Edmundo make a new list. Yeah, that's what I'll do."
"That's a good idea." Peter agreed.
"Remind me to search everyone before they enter our new Kingdom. I don't want any guns or drugs, maybe just some grass. Yeah, we need lots of grass in paradise."
"That's a good idea," Peter said.
"I especially don't want any 'Great Walls of China' anywhere, or any walls between countries, like the one in Germany or the United States. Also, we won't be using passports. The United Nations will finally be united."
"That's a good idea," Peter replied again.
"Come on, Peter. You keep saying, 'that's a good idea' after I make any comment. You can disagree if you want, even if I disagree with your disagreement."
"But you're the Boss, and you could fire me if I don't agree with your wise decisions." Peter wisely replied.
"You know what else? I don't like how my name sounds when spelled backward, so in the future, I will have everybody speak only in Spanish, besides I like Spanish better."
"Esa es una buena idea!" Peter said.
EDMUNDO BARRAZA
Visalia, CA. 08-28-2010
http://edbar1952-accomplishedignorant.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment