Angel Wings
I found a pair of angel wings in my backyard under some trees
I put them on, climbed a tree, and jumped down
I broke my nose and scraped my knees
Too small for me, I noticed, or my conscience was too heavy
I saw a rainbow, near and clear; I walked for miles to steal it
I kept it with the toys my grandson plays with when he comes to visit
Cut my hand and chest with it, beautiful cuts, full of colors
Now I have a colorful tattoo beside my heart
All is one, heaven, space, the sky, and the whole Universe
Abstract and real, selfishly, I'll take it all for myself, but only to share
No one will notice, it's just a loan, but please, God, beware
Heart, soul, and all, with joyful fun in it, I will immerse
My grandson came back, claimed his wings, and flew away
The rainbow, discolored in the dark, had disappeared
Heaven and all, God took away. Nothing was spared
And with my solitude and my despair, I'll wait impatiently to pass away.
EDMUNDO BARRAZA
Visalia, Ca. 04-04-2012
Thursday, March 16, 2023
Angel Wings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment