Tuesday, February 17, 2015

If I Could Die Before My Life Ends




When you don’t know you’re dying
You don’t worry about death
You keep your tears inside your joy


When your only escape is to commit suicide
Your life becomes dysfunctional
You can’t stay longer and you can’t leave sooner


I got it backwards first heaven then hell
I’ve been robbed and God appears to be the thief
I wish my predicament was just a dream


My landlord is asking me to vacate his property
I’m not bad enough to deserve this fate
But I’m not good enough to influence his decision


Have a talk with God
But what’s the point if I’ll be gone soon
I just wish I didn’t know I was dying





*I wrote (arranged, is a better word) this poem for what I expect would be the theme song for a short film a friend of mine and I will start shooting soon. The peculiar thing about it, is that all these phrases or lines are contained within a short story called, "Impatient Patient II", which we are using as a base for the film. I picked them up without any order and re-arranged them into something that could make sense. 



Edmundo Barraza
Lancaster, Ca. 02-17-2015
http://edbar1952-accomplishedignorant.blogspot.com







No comments:

Post a Comment