Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Second




The second my soul becomes a prisoner


The second my love for life expires


The second my interest turns into indifference


The second my heart ceases to care


The second my fearless mind starts to panic


The second I know you’re ignoring my pain


The second I learn the truth about God


The second my aching bones convince me I’m an old man


The second I quit caring about injustice


The second my active mind asks for a break


The second I’m aware I’m your second choice


The second my soul cannot carry my regrets


The second my procrastination becomes bigger than my ambitions


The second I become first on your list of losers


The second I’m no longer able to entertain anybody


The second I feel music is just an exterior sound


The second I begin to destroy instead of create


The second my friends become obsolete


The second boredom kills my excitement


The second my mind runs out of ink


That second, my body will turn into a corpse.
 




Edmundo Barraza
Lancaster, Ca. May-22-2014
http://edbar1952-accomplishedignorant.blogspot.com








No comments:

Post a Comment